JOIN OUR TEAM
What Makes Our Team Special
Our team is special because the friendships we make here are camp, tie us together as a family for the rest of our lives. We believe that one summer can make a difference for ourselves, our campers and our planet. If you share this view, we would love to discuss having you join our team!
Recruitment Specialist / Office Manager / Assistant to the owner
We're not sure the best title, but we would like to hire someone who shares our love for children, nature and animals, and wants to help us fullfill our mission to provide a safe, fun and loving environment where campers and staff build self-confidence, problem solving skills, and a desire to care for one another and our planet.
We are looking for someone who would like to work full time at a children's summer camp. While we are not a faith based camp, one of our goals is to show how a biblical worldview is supported by science. Therefore hiring someone with a good understanding of what it means to have a biblical worldview is very important.
Our Office Manager / Recruitment Specialist will play a major role in camper and staff recruitment and paperwork, assisting with the maintenance of our social media accounts and website, as well as being the primary contact person for our current families, campers, staff and user groups.
Off Season (Aug 15 - May 15)
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm (occassional weekends for special events)
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday 9am - 12:30 pm, Sunday 12:00pm - 4:30pm
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Competative salary plus vacation time, holiday pay, health insurance and free summer camp tuition (as a day camper) for your children.
● Maintain company calendar
● Answer phone calls and emails and take messages
● Take accurate and comprehensive notes at meetings
● Draft correspondence such as emails and letters
● Maintain contact with staff and camper recruitment locations and keep them up to date with current programs and availability
● Assist with the interviewing and screening of potential employees
● Make regular posts to the camps social media accounts in order to maintain customer engagement
● Keep the company website up to date in regards to content, and site plugins
● Track employee work schedules and time off
● Track employee expenses and company vehicle usage
● Submit bimonthly payroll
● Excellent, professional written communication skills.
● Ability to speak clearly in face-to-face interactions; to articulate with accuracy on the telephone and through e-mail.
● Excellent listening skills.
● Proficiency with Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, Windows
● Proficiency in keyboarding skills
● Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality.
● Ability to communicate the vision of Cub Creek Science Camp to both internal and external customers.
● Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative.
● Proficiency in WordPress and Adobe Suite would be a huge plus, but not a requirement.
● An optimistic person, who seeks of the good in people and situations
● Love animal, kids, nature, and science
● Basic understanding of the Biblical Worldview and how it can be supported by science
● Well versed with Microsoft, Google Suite, Windows and WordPress
● Comfortable using a variety of social media programs including facebook
● Proven communication skills both in person, over the phone and in writing
● Eager and able to learn new software programs as the need arises
● Excellent time management or organizational skills
We are looking for the right attitude, work ethic and initiative above all other skills. Be can train for skills, we can't train for character.